Angioplasty cost in Hyderabad depends on various factors and components involved in the procedure – such as pre-procedural cost, procedural cost, balloon and stent cost, drugs cost, post-procedural cost, and the cost of a stay in the hospital (day-care cost).
Does Angioplasty cost differ for different patients?
Angioplasty cost depends on several factors including the health status of the patient. Therefore, it may differ from patient to patient. Angioplasty cost in Hyderabad varies depending on the following factors:
- Type of the procedure planned
- The hospital in which the patient is undergoing the procedure
- Interventional cardiologist’s fee
- Health status of the patient
- Associated comorbid conditions
- Age of the patient
- Admission process and fee, hospital policies
- The potential risk of post-procedural complications
- Post-procedure complications that are involved
How much does Angioplasty cost in Hyderabad?
The price of Angioplasty in Hyderabad depends upon several factors ranging from the type of procedure, the expertise and experience of an interventional cardiologist, the patient and may range anywhere from Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 200000 in Hyderabad. All these prices are approximate and tentative – the exact cost of the procedure might differ from hospital to hospital.
When is angioplasty recommended?
Angioplasty is a procedure to restore blood flow through the coronary artery. In CAD (coronary artery disease) coronary artery blocks blood flow to the heart.
When this happens, the person having this problem experiences shortness of breath, angina (chest pain), and weakness.
If this problem persists; then, the risk of heart attack increases. In such cases, interventional cardiologists recommend percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA).
Interventional cardiologists recommend angioplasty to treat worsening chest pain and also to quickly open a blocked artery during a heart attack.
It is also a recommended procedure for those who already have tried lifestyle changes and medications, but none of those measures improved their condition. Angioplasty is often combined with the placement of a stent.
What are the benefits of angioplasty?
- Angioplasty is a life-saving treatment for heart attacks.
- Stenting and Angioplasty are effective in the treatment of heart attacks and strokes.
- Angioplasty is less invasive.
- The recovery time is faster.